Saturday, November 20, 2010

It has been a really cold day in San Diego. No sun, lots of rain, and I am completely loving it!! I am someone who loves having the "4 seasons" and in San Diego we pretty much only get two "Summer and a little colder but still sunny and warm winter" lol so I really enjoy the days that feel like winter and fall!! :-)

I thought what better than enjoying this day with a nice soup!! I made a cheddar and ham soup and it was absolutely DELICIOUS!! I didn't add the ham because my mom is a vegetarian, but I did add it on the side for my dad and brother.

Here is the amazing recipe. If you are wanting something to warm your soul I definitely recommend this super easy recipe!!!



4 cups potatoes peeled and diced
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
3/4 cup cooked ham
4 cups water
2 tblspns chicken bouillon granules
1/2 cup corn
1/2 tspn salt
pepper to taste
5 tblspns butter
5 tblspns flour
2 cups milk

Add potatoes, celery, onion, carrots, ham and water to a stockpot and bring to a boil then reduce to medium heat and let cook for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Then add corn, chicken bouillon, salt and pepper.
In a separate pan melt butter on medium heat.
Add the flour and whisk constantly with a fork. Let thicken (about 1 minute)
Then slowly add the milk and constantly stir to prevent clumping. Let it cook for about 5 minutes or until thickened to a nice gravy consistency.
Pour mixture into stockpot and stir. - Serve Immediately

Add grated cheddar cheese on top when serving.

Delish!!! :-)
Hope you enjoy!!!!
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment